- Tickets are non-refundable: Generally, tickets to Opera Queensland’s performances are non-refundable. However, Opera Queensland subscribers are permitted to exchange for another performance date of the same production if 48 hours’ notice is provided to QTIX. A fee of $3.60 per ticket applies plus any upward difference in price. Quartet package subscribers are permitted to exchange for free.
- Changes: Opera Queensland may add, withdraw or substitute artists or vary advertised programs, performance times, venue, seating arrangements or audience capacity. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded as a result of these changes, except as provided for in this Refunds and Exchanges Policy, the Live Performance Australia (LPA) Code or as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
- Cancellations: If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated, Opera Queensland will attempt to notify ticket holders of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation via email and/or telephone. However, we do not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation, rescheduling or relocation prior to the event. It is the ticket holder’s responsibility to notify Opera Queensland of any changes to their contact details.
- Refunds & Exchanges due to cancellations: You may be entitled by law or under the LPA Code to a refund or exchange where an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated. To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), neither Opera Queensland, QTIX or authorised agents of Opera Queensland will reimburse you for auxiliary expenses (such as the cost of travel, car-parking, child-care and accommodation) or other consequential loss suffered by you in connection with your attendance or non-attendance at an event. We recommend that you obtain ticket and/or travel insurance for those expenses.
- Liability: To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), neither Opera Queensland, QTIX nor authorised agents of Opera Queensland are liable to exchange or refund to you any amount beyond the face value of the ticket plus any transaction fee.
- Covid-19 Refund and Exchange Policy: Opera Queensland will provide a refund or exchange where you advise Opera Queensland or QTIX at least one hour before the event that you or any other members of your booking party:
- are required to isolate or quarantine under laws aimed at reducing the spread of Covid-19 (and the event falls within the isolation/quarantine period);
are diagnosed as having Covid-19;
- exhibit symptoms of Covid-19 (e.g. fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell) (‘Covid Symptoms’);
- have been in close contact with anyone displaying Covid Symptoms; or
- have been tested for Covid-19 and are awaiting the results (and the event falls within the period of awaiting test results).
You must not attend an event if any of the refund / exchange reasons above apply to you.
This refund or ticket exchange
- will only apply in respect of the tickets for you and/or the booking party members who are affected by one or more of the circumstances set out above;
- will not apply in the case that the relevant circumstances were known to you and/or the relevant booking party members prior to the ticket purchase; and
- will not apply in the case that you and/or any of the booking party members attend the Venue for the event and are refused entry, or asked to leave, on the basis that QTIX and/or the Venue reasonably forms the view that you or any of the other booking party members have failed to comply with any Covid-19 safety requirements or directions.