- Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By purchasing a ticket for an Opera Queensland event through QTIX, the QPAC Box Office, or an authorised sales channel, you acknowledge and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Tickets for most Opera Queensland events are sold or issued by QTIX as an agent for Opera Queensland. These Terms and Conditions incorporate the QTIX Ticketing Terms and Conditions and the Live Performance Australia (LPA) Code of Ticketing Practice – Consumer Code (‘LPA Code’), which sets out a code of conduct for the sale of tickets to live events including consumer rights. You can find the LPA Code here and you can ask QTIX for a copy of either of these policies.
- Your ticket may be subject to additional booking terms, which will be notified to you prior to purchase. For example, if your ticket is for a specific performance day and time, your ticket will only be valid for the specific event.
- The Venue’s terms and conditions of entry are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions and apply to your ticket. The Venue’s terms and conditions of entry are available via their website or you can ask QTIX or Opera Queensland for a copy. By attending an event, you agree to the Venue’s terms and conditions of entry.
The use of photographic or recording devices of any kind is not permitted, unless otherwise expressly permitted by the Venue. Bags and possessions may be inspected prior to admission.
- You may be refused entry or required to leave the Venue if you do not comply with the Venue’s terms and conditions of entry. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded in these circumstances unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
- If you received your ticket as a prize, gift, donation or otherwise for no cost, these Terms and Conditions apply to the use of your ticket.
- Tickets are only valid if purchased through QTIX, the Box Office, the Venue or an authorised agent of Opera Queensland.
- Ticket sales may be limited to a specified number of tickets. QTIX or authorised agents of Opera Queensland may cancel or refuse to accept orders which it believes are placed in excess of any such limits.
- Once confirmed, your ticket and any transaction fee will not be refunded or exchanged, except as provided for in these Terms and Conditions, in the Live Performance Australia (LPA) Code or as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
- Bookings are subject to availability.
- Delivery of tickets will only be made upon receipt of full payment. If you choose to pay in instalments, your tickets will only be available on receipt of the final payment. You may request delivery of your ticket by post, to self-print an e-ticket or to collect your ticket from the Venue’s Box Office. Postage and handling fees may apply.
If you elect to self-print an e-ticket, you are responsible for printing the ticket to present upon entrance, and QTIX and the Venue reserve the right to charge an administration fee if a replacement ticket needs to be issued.
- Tickets are available
- Over the Phone
Call 136 246 for a friendly voice to guide you through your booking, or if you wish to pay in two easy instalments.
Monday – Friday 9AM – 4.30PM
Book online at oq.com.au to select your own dates, seats and package inclusions and have the option to print your tickets at home.
- In Person
Box Office (temporarily unavailable – please call 07 3735 3030 to check opening dates and times)
Queensland Performing Arts Centre, Cnr Melbourne & Grey Streets South Brisbane
Monday – Friday 9AM – 4.30PM
Or from the ticket desk at the venue from 1 hour before the performance
- Via Mail
Download the booking form from oq.com.au or request one to be sent to you via mail and return to:
Opera Queensland Subscription
PO Box 3567 SOUTH BRISBANE QLD 4101
Due to delivery times, we encourage you to book your tickets online or over the phone.
Pricing and Payment
- All prices quoted are in Australian dollars and include GST if applicable. A tax invoice is available upon request to QTIX or Opera Queensland.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- A transaction fee may apply to your ticket purchase and you will be notified of the applicable fee prior to purchase.
- Please note that all ticket prices and details are correct at the time of publishing and are subject to change without notice.
- Opera Queensland Season Subscriber receive a 15% discount when purchasing tickets for three (Trio Package) or a 20% discount when purchasing four or more (Quartet Package) Opera Queensland performances in one booking processed before 14 March 2021.
- If you have tickets from the rescheduled 2020 performances of Aida or Joseph Calleja, these tickets can be used towards a Season 2021 Trio or Quartet subscription package at the QTIX Box Office or over the phone at the time of booking. For more information please call 07 3735 3030.
- Are You Lonesome Tonight Queensland Tour, The Frog Prince and La boheme, 40th Anniversary Gala, Digital subscriptions, Opera Club Membership, Sing with Opera Queensland Workshops and Sing Sing Sing events are not part of the subscriber benefits offering.
- Concessions are available to Centrelink issued Pensioner card holders, Veterans Affairs and full-time students.
- Children (17 and under) can attend with a paying adult for 50% off the adult single ticket price (excluding Joseph Calleja and the 40th Anniversary Gala).
- Two payment (50/50) instalment plans are available. An additional $8 transaction fee applies. Tickets are only mailed or emailed after the second instalment on 1 February 2021. Not available for online bookings. Donations are processed separately with the first payment. Please call QTIX 136 246 or Opera Queensland 07 3735 3030 for more information.
- Discounts for groups of 8 or more adults as well as school groups are available. Please call 136 246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and reservations. Additional benefits are available for groups on request. Please call 07 3735 3030 or email email@example.com for more information.
Refunds and exchanges policy
- Tickets are non-refundable: Generally, tickets to Opera Queensland’s performances are non-refundable. However, Opera Queensland subscribers are permitted to exchange for another performance date of the same production if 48 hours’ notice is provided to QTIX. A fee of $3.50 per ticket applies plus any upward difference in price. Quartet package subscribers are permitted to exchange for free.
- Changes: Opera Queensland may add, withdraw or substitute artists or vary advertised programs, performance times, venue, seating arrangements or audience capacity. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded as a result of these changes, except as provided for in this Refunds and Exchanges Policy, the Live Performance Australia (LPA) Code or as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
- Cancellations: If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated, Opera Queensland will attempt to notify ticket holders of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation via email and/or telephone. However, we do not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation, rescheduling or relocation prior to the event. It is the ticket holder’s responsibility to notify Opera Queensland of any changes to their contact details.
- Refunds & Exchanges due to cancellations: You may be entitled at law or under the LPA Code to a refund or exchange where an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated. To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), neither Opera Queensland, QTIX or authorised agents of Opera Queensland will reimburse you for auxiliary expenses (such as the cost of travel, car-parking, child-care and accommodation) or other consequential loss suffered by you in connection with your attendance or non-attendance at an event. We recommend that you obtain ticket and/or travel insurance for those expenses.
- Liability: To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), neither Opera Queensland, QTIX nor authorised agents of Opera Queensland are liable to exchange or refund to you any amount beyond the face value of the ticket plus any transaction fee.
- Covid-19 Refund and Exchange Policy: Opera Queensland will provide a refund or exchange where you advise Opera Queensland or QTIX, within a reasonable period of time before the event, that you or any other members of your booking party:
- are required to isolate or quarantine under laws aimed at reducing the spread of Covid-19 (and the event falls within the isolation/quarantine period);
- are diagnosed as having Covid-19;
- exhibit symptoms of Covid-19 (e.g. fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell) (‘Covid Symptoms’);
- have been in close contact with anyone displaying Covid Symptoms; or
- have been tested for Covid-19 and are awaiting the results (and the event falls within the period of awaiting test results).
You must not attend an event if any of the refund / exchange reasons above apply to you.
This refund or ticket exchange
- will only apply in respect of the tickets for you and/or the booking party members who are affected by one or more of the circumstances set out above;
- will not apply in the case that the relevant circumstances were known to you and/or the relevant booking party members prior to the ticket purchase; and will not apply in the case that you and/or any of the booking party members attend the Venue for the event and are refused entry, or asked to leave, on the basis that QTIX and/or the Venue reasonably forms the view that you or any of the other booking party members have failed to comply with any Covid-19 safety requirements or directions.
Opera Queensland is committed to being welcoming, accessible and inclusive for all audiences. Throughout our venues, we provide a range of services to assist visitors to attend performances and participate in programs.
- Wheelchair access: All Opera Queensland venues have dedicated seating options for patrons in wheelchairs and their guests. In order to ensure the best possible experience, it is essential that we obtain all necessary information at the time of booking. For this reason, bookings for wheelchair seating must be made by calling 136 246 or in person (temporarily not available) at the QTIX Box Office from 9AM – 4.30PM from Monday to Friday. If you have other questions regarding accessibility, please call Opera Queensland 07 3735 3030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Companion Card: Companion Card holders are eligible for a single complimentary ticket for their chosen companion. Access to the Companion Card program is available to Companion Card holders when booking tickets in person at the QTIX Box Office or calling 136 246. The cardholder must provide their Companion Card details at the time of booking. Once booked, please present valid ID and the Companion Card at the Box Office prior to the performance for ticket collection. If you prefer booking online but require a Companion Card, please email email@example.com and we will assist you in making your booking.
- AUSLAN interpretations: Opera Queensland is proud to partner with performing arts and access specialists to present AUSLAN interpreted performances for the Deaf community. Special seats are available from the QTIX Box Office or by calling 136 246 for the designated AUSLAN interpreted performances. Please refer to our website. If you prefer booking online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you in making your booking.
- Audio Described Performances: Audio Description narrates the action on stage for audience members who are blind or visually impaired via a wireless receiver pack and ear piece. Audience members who utilise Audio Description for a dedicated audio-described performance also have the option of attending the accompanying Tactile Tour when available. Designated dates for Audio Described performances as part of Opera Queensland’s 2021 Season are advertised with relevant performances. Please refer to the event page on our website.
For bookings call 136 246 from 9AM – 4.30PM from Monday – Friday. For more information on services for Vision Australia please call 1300 847 466.
If you require any assistance and prefer to enquire online, please email email@example.com and we will assist you in making your booking.
By purchasing a ticket for an Opera Queensland performance, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure and handling of your personal information as detailed in:
- These Terms and Conditions and any incorporated Terms and Conditions may be varied at any time. Any variations become effective on the day immediately after their publication on the Opera Queensland website and apply to any purchases made after that date.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it will be disregarded to the extent of its invalidity and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.